dancing to trance/house/ electronica music

Williamhawk

dancing to trance/house/ electronica music

Messagepar Williamhawk » sam. 16 déc. 2017 13:59

Hello,

i love trance and house music (djs: tiesto, armin van buuren, saeed and palash, chris lawrence, oscar G, etc). I learnt dancing to electronica (read trance and house) mostly at clubs watching and imitating the good dancers. the clubs i refer to are not the generic clubs that play the obligatory trash they call dance music. i'm talking the serious stuff, where celebrity dj's tour the US every few years, playing at select venues. dancers in these clubs are usually very much into the electronic scene, and their dancing usually involves a lot of exotic swaying to the music, arm movement (sometimes with glowsticks), etc. Very often, the dancers here are very individualist, very serious about being there to see the dj and dancing to the live performance. so when i say dance in this context, i'm not talking about the club dancing, where most of it is as a means of socializing, but the dancing here is really for the thrill of your all time favourite dj playing for you.. to give you an example, me and a buddy flew all the way from AZ to miami to catch dj tiesto. and to see him live, was like to see the beatles, or the rolling stones.. everybody was facing him, everybody was dancing to the music he played, its like a concert.
anyways,
After a lot of watching and learning, and dancing, i've evolved into a half-decent dancer who likes his own style. i somehow feel that there must be a better way to dance to this music than just trial and error. i was curious if others like me know of any classes, videos or anything that can help me 'learn' to dance to this music.

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://www.dance-forums.com/threads/dan ... usic.6671/

Corporate Services Video

Retourner vers « Electro & House »