with the competition committee.Pa

Vous êtes nouveau sur le forum et vous voulez intégrer celui-ci ? Venez vous présentez comme il se doit dans cette catégorie.
lw789

with the competition committee.Pa

Messagepar lw789 » lun. 20 nov. 2017 08:13

PENTICTON, B.C. - Darnell Nurse and Mitchell Moroz want to give the Edmonton Oilers a headache — in a good way.The pair are thought to be on the outside looking in for spots on the clubs NHL roster heading into training camp, but that isnt stopping either from dreaming big.I just have to go out there every day and play hard. Thats all you can do, said Nurse, a slick defenceman with offensive flair. Ill get every opportunity that I deserve, so Ive just got to go out and earn it.The Oilers appear to have as many eight men pencilled in ahead of Nurse on the blue-line depth chart with camp set to open Thursday, while its also difficult to see where Moroz might fit on the wing.Still, the pair remain undeterred as they take part in a four-team rookie tournament hosted by the Vancouver Canucks that also includes prospects from the Calgary Flames and Winnipeg Jets.Expectations might not be for me to make the squad, but if I can surprise some people and make it a hard choice, thats what I want to do, said Moroz, an Edmonton native. Just push. This is your dream to put on this jersey ... my childhood team. Its an honour to put that logo on every night.Todd Nelson coaches the Oklahoma City Barons, the Oilers AHL affiliate, and is in charge of Edmontons rookie team in Penticton. He said part of the rebuild process for an organization that hasnt made the NHL playoffs since 2006 is a push for jobs from its prospects.If those young guys can make (Oilers general manager) Craig MacTavish scratch his head about what he wants to do, then thats perfect, said Nelson. Thats what we want. We want competition. These young guys are knocking on the door. They just have to keep on going and put pressure on from below and hopefully those guys up top feel it and they excel at their game and they improve and get better.The Oilers have drafted a number of forwards with high picks in recent years, including Taylor Hall, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and Leon Draisaitl, but Nurses skillset from the back end is something most successful NHL teams rely on to push the play.But his coach said that ability also hurts the seventh overall pick in 2013 at times.He always wants to go (on the offensive). You have to pull the reins on him a bit, said Nelson. Thats not a bad thing. Usually you have to give a guy a kick in the butt to get going. Thats something that hes going to have to manage as he matures, and he will.Hes still a young kid and he wants to make an impact. Through experience hes going to settle down and find his game where its more controlled.Nurse, who still needs to fill out some of his six-foot-four 205-pound frame, agreed that keeping things simple will help him in the long run.You have to consistently remind yourself youre here for a reason, said the 19-year-old Hamilton, Ont. native, who had 13 goals and 37 assists in 64 games for the OHLs Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in 2013-14. It makes your life a lot easier when youre not trying to do everyone elses job.The six-foot-two 214-pound Moroz, meanwhile, is coming off a Memorial Cup-winning season with the WHLs Edmonton Oil Kings where he put up 35 goals and 28 assists in 63 games, mostly by going hard to the net and playing with an edge.You want to represent well, said the 20-year-old, who was the 32nd pick in 2012. Coming off the summer youve got to find that line and flirt with it a little and not cross it.Youve just got to get back to your game.While both Nurse and Moroz are hopeful of making the Oilers, it would appear the 18-year-old Draisaitl might have the best shot, based purely on need. Edmonton lacks depth at centre, and the third overall pick at Junes draft provides something club desperately needs down the middle — size.I know people are watching and theyre always looking at me (and) what Im doing, said the six-foot-one 210-pound native of Cologne, Germany. I think Im doing a pretty good job of blocking it out. I know what Im good at. I know what I have to work on. Thats what Im trying to do.Draisaitl had 38 goals and 67 assists in 64 games for the WHLs Prince Albert Raiders last season and, like Nurse, could remain with the Oilers for a nine-game audition at the start of his season before Edmonton would have to make a decision on whether to keep him or send him back to junior.While there has been lots of chatter about whether or not Draisaitl should break camp with the Oilers, like Nurse and Moroz, all hes focused on are the details that could help fulfil his dream as early as October.Its a different level. Thats why its the best league in the world, because every player is a really good hockey player, he said. I think once I get used to everything and I get back into game mode I have a pretty good chance. James White Jersey . Now he has a complete game. Scherzer tossed a three-hitter in his 179th career start for his first complete game and Victor Martinez hit his 16th homer to lead the Detroit Tigers a 4-0 win over the Chicago White Sox. Stephon Gilmore Jersey . TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted Monday morning that Callahan - who is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer, is now open to a six-year contract at less than $7 million per season. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com ... wl-Jersey/. Balotelli was out at dinner with his brother Enoch and came home to discover he had been burgled. The car was later found abandoned. Balotelli wrote Saturday on Twitter: "I feel empty! No emotions . Antonio Garcia Jersey . Sami Vatanen had a goal and an assist and Anaheim used a four-goal first period to extend their winning streak to six games with a 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night. Lawrence Guy Jersey . Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko.PHOENIX - Changes could be afoot for the NFL rule book. Starting with what is a catch and what is pass interference.Two plays in the post-season have made those hot subjects, NFL football operations chief Troy Vincent said Thursday. That really hit home when Vincent heard a caller to a talk radio show suggest fans needed to watch games with a rule book at their side.No question this and coaches challenges will be the topics, Vincent said, looking ahead to next months discussions by the leagues influential competition committee.The Detroit Lions, feeling burned by a non-interference call in a playoff loss to Dallas, already have proposed expanding the use of instant replay for coaches challenges. Dean Blandino, the NFLs officiating director, said the competition committee will look into adding to what calls are reviewable, as it does each year.That committee, which makes recommendations to the 32 owners on rules changes, also will re-examine the process of the catch rule that cost the Cowboys Dez Bryant in a post-season loss to Green Bay.Blandino, who like Vincent is on the powerful committee, said its members look at any situation ... any time a team brings up an issue that has to be looked into.A contraction of the massive rule book also will be considered, but Vincent warned that for any proposed changes, every conceivable effect needs to be examined.How do we create that culture for everyone of clarity and consistency? Vincent said, noting its a major challenge. Thats where the wisdom comes in — how we got to here, and how do we adjust to keep this or this from happening as a result (of changes)?Public consternation over officiating this season became an uproar in the playoffs after the non-call in Detroit-Dallas, and the replay reversal in Dallas-Green Bay.Blandino said Thursday the officiating rate of accuracy was on par with last season, although he didnt indicate what that rate was. He noted the league is keenly aware of the impact an officiating mistake can have on the outcome of games.Which could lead to expanded use of replay reviews, although thhe league is loath to add too much and slow the games to a crawl.ddddddddddddbsolutely there are discussions going back to last season, Blandino said, and adding to the list of reviewable plays. Weve stayed away from areas that involved subjective judgments: holding, pass interference. As technology has improved, all that begs the question, Can we eliminate some mistakes that happen in a game?There are several proposals from the clubs and they will be discussed with the competition committee.Patriots coach Bill Belichick previously has suggested everything be challengeable, but the coaches still would be limited to two (or if successful on both, three) challenges.Well do extensive review of film and make a proposal on any changes, Blandino said.The owners will gather here in March for what are likely to be very active meetings.Vincent and Blandino indicated adding an eighth on-field official isnt likely. But with the increase in spread offences and the pro game moving from run-oriented to highly pass-oriented, it also will continue to be considered.The problem with an additional official is theres no certainty it would solve any officiating problems, and the number of flags thrown easily could increase with another person blowing whistles.Penalties were up two per game in 2014, which doesnt seem like much considering the heavy emphasis on defensive holding calls. After a preseason and early season in which teams struggled to avoid flags, those calls diminished as the players and coaches adapted.The length of games decreased for the first time since 2008, which Blandino attributed to wireless communications among officiating crew members, and league headquarters consulting with referees on video replays.Getting back to that fans reaction to the Cowboys-Packers game, Vincent noted that whenever there were difficult calls in the past, we expanded the rule book.That sometimes made it difficult for the officials to articulate what the rule is, Vincent said. Football should be simple.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Retourner vers « Présentations des membres »